RocketTheme - Chromatophore
April 08 Joomla template
The incredible new Chromatophore template features the amazing ability to adapt itself to any color combination you desire, without the need to use an image editor. Chromatophore is completely CSS color controlled, offering you the most flexibility and the easiest customization, allowing you to change the colors of your entire site on the fly in seconds.
An overview of the key features of this template are as follows:
* Joomla 1.0+ compatible
* Joomla 1.5 Native version available (Now with 1.5 RokZoom plugin!)
* NEW 1.0 & 1.5 Native RocketLauncher now available! - Create your own site just like the demo site with only a few clicks
* NEW MooRainbow powered Color Chooser system!
* Optional IE6 Warning / Upgrade Notification
* The immensely popular RokSlide based tabbed module system
* 20 fully collapsible Module Positions
* Variety of module variations
* Ability to utilise 1, 2, and 3 column layouts
* 3 built-in menu options - The exclusive RokMooMenu menu system, Suckerfish, SplitMenu, as well as a module position to use your own custom menu module (Module)
* RokZoom Integration - custom slimbox variant built from the ground-up with cool zoom effect and a brand new look
* Built-in IE6 PNG fix
* W3C XHTML 1.0 Transitional. W3C CSS Valid
* Fully compatible IE7, Safari 2, Firefox 1.5+, Opera 9, OmniWeb, Shira, Netscape.(Due the advanced web techniques used in Chromatophore, Internet Explorer 6 support is limited. The template is compatible with IE6 and will function properly, however some of the graphics and visual effects have been reduced.)
* Source Adobe Fireworks PNGs included
Color and Style variations:
Chromatophore features an amazing new dynamic Color Chooser system allowing you to customize and change the color scheme of the template on the fly in real time. Also included are several color style presets and overlays to get your started. Some of the available presets are featured below:
The New MooRainbow powered Color Chooser
Chromatophore has a spectacular new feature, the mootools controlled color chooser. With this feature, you can change almost everything in the template, in respects to its color within seconds. Just click the dropdown at the top and experiment with the options.
RokSlide Powered Tabbed Modules Return
Harnessing the power and functionality of the popular RokSlide module, Chromatophore offers the ability to present your modules in sliding tabs. Publish multiple modules into to a single tab module position as well as customize the titles that appear in each tab.
Organize large amounts of information in easy to navigate tabbed panes and reduce the clutter and space needed to display your content. By default, Advert 1-5 module positions appear in the bottom tabbed module pane. You can also add more module positions if needed.
The Exclusive RokMooMenu
* Configurable mouse-out delay to allow for accidental mousing out of the menu.
* Completely customizable animation effects using MooTools transitions. Can be configured in X and/or Y directions.
* Support for fade-in transparency
* Experimental support for IE6 z-index bug using the iFrame hack.
Learn more about RokMooMenu on the Menu Options Demo Page.
The exclusive RocketTheme menu systems in this template use the mainmenu by default and this menu is configured in the admin administator. For these to function correctly, understand that the ‘top level’ menu items will show up as the horizontal buttons across the top of the template. For sub menu items, assign Parent Item to these top menus to the top-level item. These will then show up below in a sub-horizontal menu when you click on a top-level item. For an example of this check out the demo server
For more details on the menu configuration options in Chromatophore, check out the instructions on the demo site
We’ve created a guide that covers how to set up your new Chromatophore template on your Joomla site. Full details on how to install and setup the template can be found on the “demo server”: http://demo.rockettheme.com.
Module positions are summarized in the diagram below:
1. This template fully supports full width configurations for use with galleries or forums, make sure you do not publish any modules in the side module positions ‘mainbody’ will fill the entire width.
There are a couple of configuration options for this template. The configuration variables are located in the template’s own index.php file. This way you can use the Edit HTML button in the Template Manager to quickly and easily make changes to these options. This is how you can choose the color variations and also configure some default variables. Also you can select which menu the system should use.
Chromatophore Configuration Options
// Change the variables below to adjust the template
// If you have any issues, check out the forum at
$default_style = "Blueberry Lime:overlay-stripes-vert,#263248,#d1d4de,#95ad2a,#ffffff,
$enable_colorchooser = "true"; // true | false
$enable_ie6warn = "true"; // true | false
$enable_rokzoom = "true"; // true | false
$font_family = "helvetica"; // geneva | optima | helvetica | trebuchet | lucida |
georgia | palatino
$template_width = "962"; // width in px
$leftcolumn_width = "220"; // width in px
$rightcolumn_width = "220"; // width in px
$splitmenu_col = "rightcol"; // leftcol | rightcol
$menu_name = "mainmenu"; // mainmenu by default, can be any Joomla menu name
$menu_type = "moomenu"; // moomenu | suckerfish | splitmenu | module
$default_font = "default"; // smaller | default | larger
$show_pathway = "false"; // true | false
$show_moduleslider = "true"; // true | false
// module slider configuration
$max_mods_per_row = 3; // maximum number of modules per row (adjust the height if this wraps)
$modules_list = array(array("title"=>"Group 1 Stuff", "module"=>"advert1"),
array("title"=>"Group 2 Panel", "module"=>"advert2"),
array("title"=>"Group 3 Collection", "module"=>"advert3"),
array("title"=>"Group 4 Assortment", "module"=>"advert4"),
array("title"=>"Group 5 Items", "module"=>"advert5"));
- PDF tutorial
- Source images
for Joomla 1.x
for Joomla 1.5
Sendspace | MegaUpload | Rapidshare | EasyShare
Sendspace | Megaupload | Rapidshare | EasyShare
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
YOOTheme - Ambient
April 08 Joomla template
Ambient! The latest YOOtheme creation for April 2008. This template pushes flexibility to new limits; the transparent outline is wrapped in stunning lightning effects. Ambient includes two unique themes. Each one of them includes 5 color variations which are activated when navigating through the main menu. Not to mention there are even more styles available for this template, which makes a total of 14 color variations and almost infinite combination possibilities... You might have already noticed, all YOOtools were updated and now come with a hot black style out of the box! YOOtheme is also taking the next step in modularization. All template enhancements YOOlightbox, YOOreflection and YOOspotlight are now available as a separate Joomla plugin called YOOeffects.
* New YOOeffects plugin
* New enhanced Fancy Menu with equalizer effect
* Fading modules while hovering
* Fully sliced Fireworks .png Source files
* Native Versions for Joomla 1.0 & 1.5
And of course all the classic features are included: Tableless CSS Design, YOOmenu System, YOOstyleswitcher and many more...
Light up your website with Ambient and join the YOOtheme club today.
* Tableless CSS design
* Accordion Menu with smooth animation and color fading
* Styleswitcher for accessibility control
* Lots of template color variations
* Many module positions
* Fully collapsible module architecture
* Enables PNG Alpha Transparency for IE6
* Extra HTML tag stylings
* Fully sliced Adobe Fireworks .png files for customizations
* Joomla 1.0+ version
* Native Joomla 1.5+ version
* Very clean and fast loading design
* XHTML 1.0 Transitional and CSS 2.0 Valid
* Fully tested in Firefox 2.0+, IE6, IE7, Safari 3.0+, Opera 9.0+ and Camino 1.0+
For Joomla 1.x
for Joomla 1.5
JoomArt - Larix 1.5
Joomla 1.5 template